I had the high honor of being nominated today by: abichica at http://chicpress.wordpress.com/ This is great kindness to acknowledge that you have enjoyed my work.
There are a few rules to acknowledge before I send this award on to others, so let’s get that out of the way first:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Oh boy, I’m not much of one for contests or awards.
1. Despite my professional career, I am shy.
2. I would rather do photography.
3. My day job is pretty good though.
4. I am proud of my kids. They have turned out surprisingly fresh and resilient. Their adventures have inspired me.
5. I am proud of my wife. She has returned to complete an advanced degree. That’s pretty special.
6. I have had great loss and rediscovered family. This is especially appropriate at this time of year. (See Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol.”
7. As I have always joked, I live in a time of change. How true it has been this year.
So, thanks to one and all who have read and enjoyed the pictures.
I realize that some of you whom I admire have already been nominated, but I ‘m compelled to single you out once again. In no particular order here are some folks to check out and acknowledge:
1. amyleestudios.wordpress.com, Amy Lee. She is the one who got me interested in blogging. She’s a wonderful photographer.
2. trailblazer1.wordpress.com. She’s highly entertaining. She works in mixed media. She had been one of the earliest bloggers to support my blog and keep me posting.
3. http://emilygoochphotos.wordpress.com/. Emily’s got great stuff.
4. http://gardenwalkgardentalk.com/about/. Donna – ditto. Great stuff.
5. http://marinachetner.com/. Marina has had some wonderful experiences and continues to report on her adventures. Great reading, good photography.
6.http://mpat75.wordpress.com/about/. Mahesh has some wonder posts. His photography from around the world has hit home for me that the internet has made us all so connected.
7. http://mimokhair.wordpress.com/. I have enjoyed Mimo’s posts immensely.
8. http://1001scribbles.wordpress.com/about/. Ana has given me a perspective from Portugal. What fun.
9. http://jantimmons.net/. Jan has some pretty wonderful stuff from Alaska.
10. http://derserotica.wordpress.com/. This is pretty amazing stuff. Defintely rated mature.
11. http://monsterforrent.wordpress.com/. It’s commercial. It’s funny. It’s unusual.
12. triciaannemitchell.wordpress.com. Tricia is having such a wonderful adventure. It’s been a pleasure to follow along.
I’m stopping at a dozen. Thanks again to all.
If I say that butterflies are skittish that would be an understatement. Mostly I chase and don’t get an opportunity to get a shot. And then every once in a while I have an opportunity to shoot all I want. It happened that way one spring day in Maine. This one just sat and posed. I’m so used to a brief moment to get the shot that I was at a loss to do when it didn’t fly away.