Don’t do this at….
You’re gonna plotz – use the Yiddish definition. In this photo you see one – exploded egg. My dear wife did this! Yes, she can cook! It was my stupid suggestion and she listened. (It’s all about trust.) She should know better. Ha ha. She soft boiled an egg meant to be hard boiled. (You can see this coming…) Cringe! She put a hole in the shell. It didn’t help. The picture cannot tell the story. The mess?!?! Egg, all over the six (insides) sides of the microwave. See: that burn mark in the enamel finish?!!! That was me. One Thanksgiving, I attempted to shell whole chestnuts. Don’t ask?? (don’t advise!!!) The burn mark was made when one unruly chestnut caught (fully, with flames!!!) on fire in the microwave. Maybe, we should be told we are not allowed to use a microwave. All privileges canceled!!
If you’re ever in Paris do stop at Angelina’s. Maybe it’s still there? It was in the guide book. I don’t read guide books. Someone else in our group had this place on the “to do” list. It is the home of the “Mont Blanc.” That would be a meringue cookie over a chestnut cream covered in chocolate or maybe it’s the other way ‘round. But the total package is worth the trip. I still dream about it. There is nothing like it in America. Chestnuts generally are not considered too much except roasted in NYC in the winter in Central Park. I’ve had a connection to chestnuts since I grew up in West Virginia and my mother used them in chestnut stuffing of her own concoction. I still make my stuffing that way. I’ve got the recipe (Mont Blanc) but it’s something you dream about but never get around to making yourself. I shall continue to pine. I hope Angelina is still there.
The second image is an extra. My edit came across the contents of the hotel safe in Paris. What would you keep safe? Stuffed animals and framed prints. Of course! My kids?